Monday, August 26, 2013

My Concern About 3D, as Terminator 2 Returns to Theaters

Excerpted from a post on io9:

The best thing about 3D also has the potential for the most abuse... fast, convoluted action sequences are easier to break down and understand when you’ve got an extra dimension to work with. The fear is that rather than make action scenes clearer and easier to understand (i.e. GOOD FILMMAKING), directors will film those scenes in such a way as to be undecipherable, with the assumption that, “If you can’t make sense out of it, you should’a seen it in IMAX 3D, cheap-ass.” MICHAEL BAY I’M LOOKING AT YOU, BUT I CAN’T TELL IF IT’S REALLY YOU OR NOT BECAUSE OF ALL THE EXPLOSIONS AND DEBRIS FLYING AROUND


The list was great, though. I know as a kid I was STUNNED by Captain EO, despite the nausea...



No comments:

Post a Comment