Thursday, June 27, 2013

BattleMasters, HeroQuest, Warhammer Quest Projects

Just a quick post to show off some of my latest projects... these BattleMasters goblin wolves will find their way into my Vampire Counts army as spare dire wolves. In keeping with my "quick and dirty" painting strategy for getting all my BattleMasters stuff finished, I didn't bother trying to remove the saddles.

Next up are some greenskins and fimir I'm going to be trying out a couple new and different techniques on... for as long as I can remember I've been a drybrushing addict, but I'm attempting to move away from that. I'm hoping to get my ForgeWorld fimir painted soon but I wanted to see whether I could get some new techniques under my belt before doing so. I'm testing out white vs. black undercoating, and painting highlights rather than drybrushing. I'll also be trying out Army Painter "Dip" washing with their strong tone. I've heard mixed reviews but it'll be a boon to painting all my Battle Masters, that's for sure.

...and here's my HeroQuest wizard, finally out of the box and getting some color on! I think that when I painted his compatriots I basically chickened out on his "moon and stars" tunic because it seemed so fiddly so he never got the attention he deserved. I finally braved it out and after taking a stab at it I'd say it's pretty passable. Glad he can soon join his companions.

Lastly, here's the progress I've made with the Battle Masters chaos knights. They'll join the Blood Dragon in my Blood Knights unit once they're finished. I'm not too proud of the admittedly very simple paint scheme, but as far as getting things quickly I'd say they're a success.

As an added bonus, here's a few shots of my current painting workspace, complete with box covers for inspiration. Having the tackle box right in front of me keeps all my bitz handy, as well as raising my work surface up high enough to keep my back from hurting too badly.