Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I Put My Hand Up On Your Hip...


 ...and when I dip you dip we dip!

My first attempts at using Army Builder "dip" for speed-shading models. (Above image is the "before" shot!) It seems to go on awfully thick, which may be the result of my using a year-old can. But for a control freak like me, I can easily see the "pools" of shade that have formed on some models becoming a problem. Just look at the tip of the mace/flail of the guy in front. I did actually try to dab it to get some off, but apparently it had already settled a few minutes later. Maybe I can paint it bright red to look like blood. Hmm...



Here's another view. We'll see how these guys look with a coat of matt varnish, but I may end up painting the dip on with a brush rather than the traditional method.



1 comment:

  1. I have had a lot of success using a brush. It just feels like you can make it flow more in the directions you want. Painted about 3,000 points of undead in two days for a friend (and a bet ;) ). But try a brush, and use one you won;t need for anything else ;)

    ReplyDelete